2.12.2009

I've always had good taste


When I was 6 years old, I told my mom that I was going to marry Mister Rogers. To this day, I still have a soft place in my heart for that kind and gentle man, no matter the jokes that people make about his ponderous way of speaking or his limitless sweater collection. J just sent me this clip of Mr. Rogers defending funding for PBS in front of the US Senate. Watching it, I can't help but think I was a pretty smart 6 year old to choose a man like him to fall for. {and a pretty smart adult to fall for a man like J!}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always loved Mr. Rogers too. I think he is fantastic. I was so happy to see he is still on for my children. Thank you for sharing this!

Nicole said...

He does have a certain charm and wit...I love his quotes on pbskids emails:).

The Dragonfly said...

I definitely love that man and his cardigans. I think the way he spoke was always so tender and non-threatening . . . something every kid needs to hear. I always loved the little field trips he would take to see how things were made or done.

Thanks for the Target tip - I'll have to check it out.

Em said...

So...Mr. Rogers always kind of creeped me out. (Especially the land of make-believe and that one puppet with the bright red nose.) But dang! he knows his stuff! This is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...