8.03.2011

The Long Way Home


J decided to take the train home. It's a four-day trip cross-country, but it's something he's always wanted to do. As eager as I am to see him, it's been fun recieving his daily updates on where he is and what he's seeing.



He started out from Penn Station in NYC.



The next day he was in Chicago, enjoying deep dish pizza and taking photos of the fabulous train station.



He had a few hours, so he went to the top of the Sears Tower.



This morning he sent photos of the sunrise from North Dakota.



We were worried about delays from flooding on the tracks, but the waters have receded and all looks well.



By this time tomorrow, I'll be standing on a train platform in lipstick and heels, waiting to kiss the man I haven't seen in forty long days!



Travel swift and safe, love!

3 comments:

ellen said...

My brother and 13 year old niece visited me in Boston in May and took the train home to Oregon! They had a great adventure.

The Dragonfly said...

Ooh, I hope it's your striped heels and red lipstick! He'll be so lucky to have you waiting! Welcome home J.

Monkey Business said...

In our 15 years together, my husband and I have spent various amounts of time apart - once seeing each other only 2X in a year!! Anyway, although I hated the time apart, our reunions in train stations are some of my favorite and most romantic memories.
Ps. leave the kids at home for the reunion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...