2.29.2008

Running to Stand Still

Okay, so I didn't actually run this time, but I did go to the gym for the first time since having the baby. It felt really good, even though by the end of 45 minutes, I felt weak, shaky, and somehow hollow inside. I also stepped on the scale for the first time in forever. I'm not even sure how much weight I gained during the pregnancy, since I refused to look at the numbers during the last trimester, but I now know that I'd like to lose about 15-20 pounds. Even though that sounds like a lot, oddly I feel pretty thin right now. And I guess I am compared to how huge I was a month ago! Unfortunately, I was informed that I can't leave the baby in childcare until he's six weeks old (he's three weeks old today) so for the next three weeks I'll be walking around my neighborhood and using my weights at home. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...