6.22.2010

I'm melting!

We just returned from spending a few days in Palm Springs, California. J and his brother were there for business, so both families tagged along to take advantage of the swimming pools and cool resort rooms-- at one point we had the air conditioning cranked down to 73 degrees, simply because we could.

Speaking of air conditioning, ours is currently not working. Did I mention that it's going to be 106 degrees today? Awesome.

The repairman is supposed to arrive sometime later this afternoon, but until then it looks like I'll be taking the kids to the library, the gym, the bookstore, the mall..... anywhere with free air conditioning.

*sigh*

Why can't we all have houses made out of adobe so this wouldn't be such a problem? Modern energy-inefficiency is stupid.

5 comments:

merelyLooking said...

Oh no! So sorry. Your images are absolutely awesome, though! Whoever thought of that was genius with a capital G. Wish my brain spun that way. I can't stop looking.

merelyLooking said...

For real. I'm still here. Looking.

Crys said...

I will pray that a freak cold storm blows your way. Hot and pregnant bad combo.

The Queen Vee said...

I hope your air conditioning is fixed by now and that you're not still having to run around trying to find a cool stop to hang out in. 106 degrees and pregnant combined is a high misery factor.

Cool graphic!

merelyLooking said...

Yes. Looking still. I'm going to steal those graphics and put them on my inspiration wall...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...