1.25.2011

Precipice

I want to be talking about how I've organized all the kitchen drawers, or the {neverending!} process of choosing paint colors, or wittily review the recent books I've read. 


But I can't. 


I'm having a truly low day today. Every little setback and disappointment feels insurmountable at the moment. The not sleeping. The fighting kids. The messy toilet training. The stalled weight loss. The fighting with my husband. The crying baby. The lack of money. The falling-apart car. The half marathon this weekend that I'm not prepared for and can't afford anyway.


None of it is new and yet it's all crashing in on me, so I'm burying myself in a blanket and signing off until i feel happy and shiny again. 


Hopefully tomorrow. 


{image}

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely feeling you on the "low" - but I think lack of sleep and toilet training and lack of weight loss and crying babies will do that to you. Hoping for better tomorrows!

Allison said...

You have amazing strength! You always manage to pull yourself out of the darkest places - I have faith that you will do it again.

Janae said...

Feeling exactly the same way, minus the toilet training! My goal today is to take a nap. It's amazing how much happier I feel with a short, uninterrupted little nap. Feel better soon.

Mrs. Buck said...

I hope things start to look a little bit brighter as the day goes on. As they say - when it rains it pours, and it seems everything piles on all at once. I try to just take it one thing at a time and celebrate each teeny tiny accomplishment no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.

Charlotte said...

I'm sorry. Hope it's an extra soft blanket.

Marci said...

I love your honesty. I was feeling much the same way a few days. Did you see this article about mormon mommy blogs? I thought it was pretty interesting and entertaining if you want something to distract yourself with :-)...
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs/index.html

Apis Melliflora said...

Don't drive the bus off the bridge.

Any chance you could go out for a run today or early tomorrow...a short one?

wenwin said...

plug in some twinkly lights under your blanket. you will see things in a beautiful new light.

The Queen Vee said...

I don't blame you, I have days where I want to do that too. Tomorrow is a new day, don't try to solve all lifes challenges at once.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...