1.24.2011

3 AM

Now none of my kids are sleeping. 


J woke at 3 a.m. to find L playing on the computer. This is not the first time. Sometimes I discover him asleep in the computer chair; sometimes he's bold enough to march right past us as we're watching a movie and climb up to the desk; other times our only clue to his late night shenanigans is a random picture he's taken on photobooth. 


His brother E seems to sense when he's gone. E is scared of the dark, so when L goes missing he's quick to come wake me and report that he can't sleep without his little brother. He's our alarm system.


Still. As cute as those random photobooth pictures are, I'd sure like to get an uninterrupted night of sleep sometime in the next century. 

6 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

Oh man! That's all I can say.

Jennifer said...

I seriously do not know how you manage with your four little ones. I have a hard enough time with my one!

Granted, our little Guy is only two months old, but I think I'd commit all kinds of horrible deeds to get a couple nights of uninterrupted sleep.

Apis Melliflora said...

Busted...we're having sleep issues here too. Little brother insists on sleeping on big brother's floor. And we often have an early morning visitor.

Amanda said...

This is one of those moments that sucks the living daylights out of you, but looking back won't seem all that bad -- even missable. That's what I'm telling myself now with a 2 year old joining us in bed at 5 every morning. SOMEDAY I'll miss that wakeup call and resulting extra cuddle time.

Nicole said...

I'm anxiously waiting for that "someday", too! What a smart guy, I can't believe he can get the computer working let alone take pictures! But as amazing as it is, alas I know the sleep plight...If anyone can figure an uninterrupted night of sleep out I'll sign up!

Mycharmingcolors said...

okay I have to admit the picture is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...