3.21.2011

Steal of the Week

On Saturday, some girlfriends and I took some much-needed time to get away from husbands and kids and went bargain hunting at Last Chance {Nordstrom's final-clearance store for all returned merchandise}. We'd already been there an hour or two when Jeanette pointed across the way and commented, "Nice turtle." 


"Yeah," I agreed. "Very Jonathan Adler-esqe." I went to pick it up, turned it over, and exclaimed in disbelief, "It IS Jonathan Adler!" 


Not only that, but it was just $14.97. That's right, for the same price as a Target knock-off, I bought a genuine Jonathan Adler ceramic turtle, normally $110.00. I was so happy, I couldn't stop beaming all through our delicious lunch at La Grande Orange, and then Gelato at The Grateful Spoon.


Girl's Day Out totally rocks.


{Oh, and don't worry about Jeanette. She was happy to let me have the turtle, and went home with a few Betsey Johnson bras for just $4. Maureen scored a pair of killer heels and a HOBO clutch for just $9.00. We were all happy.}

6 comments:

Monkey Business said...

Oh, and did you know that according to some Native American cultures the Turtle is a very strong symbol for women? For fertility, strength and perseverance, even stronger than death. Perhaps you finding this great Turtle at a steal of a price is a sign for good things to come this Spring...

Marci said...

A good deal like that can keep me happy for a long time...congrats :-)!

The Dragonfly said...

He's a very fine turtle! A good reminder to slow down and enjoy! What will you put inside his shell?

Apis Melliflora said...

Also, a good reminder that we sometimes NEED to get out of our shell and be with friends to feel like a million bucks.

The Queen Vee said...

There's nothing like an extremely good deal to lift a girl's spirits and it is even better when shared with friends.

JeanetteH said...

It was a FUN day! I loved every crazy minute of Last Chance. I'm glad I spotted your turtle. (and I love love love my Betsey bras!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...