10.17.2011

Beach Glass at Glass Beach

My mom collects beach glass. {We always make a point of bringing her some from every beach we visit-- she has pieces from all around the world.} I've always loved the look of it, but haven't been able to figure out what I'd do with it... until now! I love the ombre effect in this photo by Jennifer Steen Booher and feel that to jump start my own collection, a trip to Glass Beach in California may be in order:

Apparently, it used to be a local dumping ground, but after a few years the junk was tumbled into beautiful, smooth beach glass. I want to go to there. ;)

{found via Liz}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring my photo on your blog. Would you mind adding a caption with my copyright info? That would be ©2010 Jennifer Steen Booher. Thanks so much!

Apis Melliflora said...

That beach looks amazing. We collect sea glass and display it in a bit white bowl in the summer. Of course, our beach glass comes from a lake, so we call it "lake glass."

merelyLooking said...

That's gorgeous!! I want to go to there.

Evelyn Bryan said...

I would really like to know where this beach is. I would also like to know if this pic of beach glass lined up is just a pic or is that glass on a wall somewhere just like that? If so how was it done? I can think of interesting things to do with my beach glass a la mozaic but this appears to have nothing holding it in place. O.o

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...