10.18.2011

Polka Dot Love

Every time I wear polka dots, I get this little twinge of sadness thinking that someday, I'm going to be too old to pull them off. Right now they're on trend {thank you Kate Spade} but in about a decade, I'll probably have to retire them in favor or something more sober. {Seriously, can you imagine Nina Garcia or Meryle Streep wearing them? Polka dots can so easily skew precious.}


This particular dress is vintage and recently enjoyed a re-introduction to my wardrobe {after a two-year hiatus!} thanks to a sturdy pair of Spanx and the removal of the annoying ruffle around the neckline.


You know, on second thought, forget retiring the polka dots. Since when have I dressed my age anyway? I'm going to be one of those Grandma's with a closet full of jewels, {fake} furs and high heels. I'm going to wear lipstick to check the mail and introduce my granddaughters to expensive dresses, sparkling water and really good chocolate. And every once in a while, I'll yell out "I'm ready for my close up!" amid a crowd of strangers just to drive home the point that I'm eccentric.

It's all going to start by wearing polka dots whenever I want, and it's going to be awesome.

4 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

I've loved polka dots since I was a 20 year old in Paris. I don't think they ever go out of style. Either they're au courant or they're retro.

The Dragonfly said...

I'm digging the then polka dots with the green tights. But I love the now polka dots with the hot pink too, and you're right, the dress is better w/o the ruffle. You can pull the polka dots off until you're ancient.

Crys said...

One time Jones and I were at the movies, and of course I had to go to the bathroom cause I was prego. While I was washing my hands an older woman came in wearing an awesome trench coat cardigan and jeans. Her pepper grey hair was cut in an A line bob. She was so stinkin cute. I hope I age just like that!

merelyLooking said...

I'm not even aging like that now.

This article is so totally publishable. You had us rolling. And I totally love the new look best. And wow, that's a sexy look you've got in that first photo.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...