11.21.2011

Gilbert Days 5k




I first ran the Gilbert Days 5k back in 2000, before we even had any children. At the time, we lived in a tiny apartment just down the road where the sounds of the Gilbert Days Parade would wake us from our lazy Saturday slumber. We'd watch from our balcony, then walk to The Farmhouse for omelets and waffles.



Nowadays, the 5k is my official holiday season kickoff. Despite the fact that I'm not a fast runner {and was completely smoked by a 10 year old in a sprint for the finish!} I find the race enormously fun and satisfying. The free Jamba Juice doesn't hurt, either.



Next year, Little Miss C and E want to join in for the 1 mile Fun Run. See you there?

{Shout out to Evelyn-- she's the first blog-reader to recognize me and introduce herself, and ran a great race as well!}

1 comment:

Apis Melliflora said...

Nice sprinting form there!

On a side note, you influenced me to paint my nails gray this week. I know, I know. What's come over me?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...