6.21.2012

Little Miss Four Eyes


I took all the kids to the optometrist today. Little Miss C has been complaining of blurry vision, so we figured it was time to take advantage of that new-fangled, fancy-shmancy insurance we now have.

She was right. She needs glasses.


The Little Miss {gosh, I'll have to start calling her just Miss C soon-- she's growing up so fast!} has been asserting her independence all over the place. She walked into that office today with a very definite idea of what she wanted in a pair of glasses, and methodically tried on each until she found what she had envisioned. She accepted compliments, but wasn't easily swayed by any of my suggestions. I kind of envy that about her.

While her choice is perfectly adorable, I do think it's going to take me some time to get used to seeing her big, beautiful eyes behind a layer of glass. Thankfully, she's ecstatic to be joining the bespecled club, and can't wait til her glasses are ready next week.

What a cutie.

4 comments:

Allison Waken said...

She looks fabulous! We had the same experience recently with my son. He picked out his perfect pair and was so excited to get them.

The Dragonfly said...

What is it about glasses and kids looking older? I'm so used to Hannah and Soren wearing them now, but whenever we see someone who hasn't seen them in their glasses, there's always a shock and comment about how old they look! She's darling and so are her new specs.

Apis Melliflora said...

Dragonfly took the words right outta my mouth. She looks ready to read Dickens now.

Amber - Binkertation said...

I agree - they do make her look older/more sophisticated. She's an absolute doll!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...