1.18.2013

Coconut Sugar Scrub


Thank you all for your warm response to this weeks posts. With each comment and email, I felt so loved. You are the reason that this has always been a safe place for me to talk.

However, today I'm taking a break from the heavy stuff! It's Friday, which means I'll be indulging in my newest pampering obsession: soaking in a warm bath and using my homemade Coconut Sugar Scrub. I can't remember where I first heard about it, but someone said they used it instead of shaving gel and that it did wonders for sensitive skin. I gave it a shot, and seriously? My skin was sooo silky. I'm totally addicted now.

The recipe is simple:

2 cups sugar {or salt, if you're concerned about bacterial growth or plan to use it in the bikini area}
1 cup coconut oil
5 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
lemon zest

Mix it all together and keep it in a jar by the bathtub. I like to soak, exfoliate, shave, then apply a bit of plain coconut oil or unscented lotion once I get out. I've been saved from dry, itchy skin all winter!

Happy Weekend, all!

{lovely image via sugarandcloth}

3 comments:

Crys said...

must must must try this. Baths have been my latest pampering obsession too, plus with all this moving from state to state my skin always reacts funny.

Kristina said...

I LOVE scrubs and have wanted to make my own. Thanks for the recipe! Your whole process sounds heavenly. Might have to do that tonight with a good book (The Hobbit!).
Happy weekend!

Nicole said...

We've been drying up like crazy in our new AZ home this winter after Nola! I think I'll give this a try, any hints for the kiddos and their poor chapped lips and faces? cracking feet from months of not needing socks or real shoes? Help:).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...