2.06.2008

Old School Video Games


Last year I had a sudden and inexplicable urge to play Tetris. I needed that annoying Russian music, the orderly little falling puzzle pieces, and the reward of rocket ships at the end. Honestly, I couldn't stop thinking about it. So, I bought one off of Craigslist along with some old school games. It turns out that my daughter is an excellent Super Mario Brothers player, and my son can't get enough of Duck Hunt. I am inordinately proud of the fact that my kids are being raised on the same video games that I played as a kid. You would think that I was introducing them to Jax or Tiddlywinks or something truly vintage. I've decided that it's because they have such a different childhood than I had. I get a lot of joy anytime I find anything in their young lives that I can relate to. To this end, I think perhaps I'll introduce them to Shrinky-dinks next. Long live the 80's!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...