5.06.2008

Baby Update

I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't written about this already. I'm so quick to report when things are hard, why am I not so diligent when life is beautiful and content? For that is exactly what life is like right now. The baby has been on a new medication called Prevacid, after Zantac seemed to lose what little efficacy it had. Prevacid is not FDA approved for children under the age of 1, but is regularly used off label like this. Still, it was scary to try it, and the doctor had to convince our insurance to cover it. It's also spendy. Luckily, it has turned out to be worth every cent. The baby laughs! He smiles! He sleeps at night! IN HIS CRIB! We never would have been able to go to Mexico if he hadn't been feeling good. It's been such a blessing. I look back now and realize how much Heavenly Father helped me through that (short) 3 months, and I am so grateful. {PS If you or someone you know has a baby with reflux, this book is a good place to start.}

1 comment:

The Starter House said...

I'm so happy for you all and the baby! He's adorable. Thanks for your comment on my swimsuit thing. I've never had a problem with modesty...I sometimes wish though that I could get away with a little less coverage. That post was more wishful thinking...:) you don't have to worry, courtney will have a modest aunt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...