10.19.2011

Test Tube Obsession

via

Science has always been chic in my book, but lately I'm in love with test tube racks. They're surprisingly expensive-- even the new, plastic ones sell for quite a bit-- but I keep my eye out for a nice vintage wire or wooden rack with a nice patina. I dream of finding one in a forgotten corner of a garage sale for $5.

via

Of course, with Halloween on its way, test tube racks enjoy an added appeal. Fill them with mysterious contents, label them with scientific hang tags and cover with cobwebs. Done!

via

If I don't find something suitable soon, I may attempt to go the DIY route. I like the above rack that's made to look aged-- It's simple and streamlined and completely doable. 

via

But then there is this-- test tubes all strung together, allowing them to be arranged in all kinds of formations. It figures that my favorite is completely non-DIY friendly, not to mention the most expensive. {I saw it at Dree's in Olympia for over $100.}

via

If I get desperate, there's always the z-rack. I've found it as cheap as $17 online, and it would look cool as a pencil holder.

Still, I dream of that perfectly aged test tube rack sitting neglected in a thrift store....

1 comment:

wenwin said...

oh my goodness. who would have thought test tubes could look so appealing? i must find me some! thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...